Monday

Walking around:

Tate Modern:

One of my favorite modern art museums.
I really like the way the Millennium Bridge looked in the afternoon with all these trees around it.
I was a little bit disappointed because I really wanted to see one of the great expos they show on the basement, near the bookshop, like the one Olafur Eliasson made with a huge sun. Maybe on my next trip to London?

Mayfair:

I think that London gets really beautiful in the afternoon, and it is also a great time to go window-shopping and visit hidden parks around Mayfair. I'm not used to shops closing at 6/7 p.m.

Economist Plaza:

While walking in St. James Street, I saw this building with a strange huge wooden camera next to it. Actually it was a piece made artist Martin Sexton. Inside the camera there was a tiny T.V. playing Antonioni's Blow Up. I love that film.

Serpentine Gallery's Pavilion:


As I said previously on the blog, I made a visit to Serpentine Gallery's Pavilion made by Kazuyo Sejima and Ryue Nishizawa, and it is brilliant. The wavy shapes, the grass, the glass windows, the colourful rabbit chairs and the huge metallic platform made the perfect combination. Can't wait to travel to Tokyo, someday, and see more of their wonderful buildings!

East End:
On a Sunday, the best thing you can do in London is visiting its markets, so I decided to go to Brick Lane. This place was full of energy. It seemed that every person in London was there.
Check out Cheshire Street, there are a lot of vintage stores like famous Beyond Retro and a little french shop with cool striped t-shirts, and Sunday Up Market which is full of original clothes by different new designers.
This side of London was completely apart of the city for me, and it is growing in a different way.
Also, at the Whitechapel Gallery, there's an exposition of Elizabeth Peyton which I found great, with portraits of Liam Gallagher, Jervis Cocker, Matthew Barney, Jake Champan...

Bath:


I spent most of my trip in Somerset, and Bath is just the perfect English city, which is as cool but not as crowded as London.
I only made this two photographs that show how peaceful is the place. Also, I would say that it reminds me of a French city because of its chic style.


-Photographs: I really did my best to take good photographs and used a Samsung Digimax S600.
All words and photographs in http://onehundredninetyeight.blogspot.com/ are © Pedro Herrero (unless other is stated).